Our overall objective is to deliver sustainable growth in shareholder value by increasing sales and profits at above market level growth rates through leadership in products, operations, sales, marketing and distribution.
We intend to leverage the Eurocell brand, and the advantages that our vertically integrated business model with local distribution offers over our competitors, in order to grow our market share. We have five key strategic priorities:
INCREASE THE USE OF RECYCLED MATERIALSplus
Increased use of recycled material to help mitigate raw material pricing pressure, as well as enhance the stability and reduce the carbon footprint of our manufactured products.
- Increased use of recycled material to 9.5k tonnes (2017: 8.3k tonnes) through investment in Ilkeston site.
- Usage up from 4.1k tonnes in 2015.
- Acquisition of Ecoplas in August.
- Investment in Ilkeston and Ecoplas sites to increase usage by a further 3k tonnes.
TARGET GROWTH IN MARKET SHAREplus
Increase market share of rigid PVC profiles to drive sales and profit growth in Profiles.
- Organic sales growth of 12%.
- Growth driven by existing and new accounts.
- 17 new accounts (following 25 in 2017).
- Growth in trade and new build fabricators alike.
- Seamless new account onboarding process.
- Investment in new extrusion capacity to ensure good return on higher volumes.
- Continue to build prospect pipeline.
EXPAND OUR BRANCH NETWORKplus
Investment in new branches to increase market share of foam PVC profiles, and drive sales and medium-term profit growth in Building Plastics.
- 8 new branches opened.
- 4 branches added through acquisition of Kent Building Plastics.
- Total estate now 202 branches, with 61 new sites 2016-2018.
- New management team progressing initiatives to improve profitability of existing estate.
- Long-term target remains up to 350 sites, but fewer openings expected in 2019.
DEVELOP INNOVATIVE NEW PRODUCTSplus
Maintain market leadership by offering the latest in product innovation.
- Coastline – weatherproof lightweight composite cladding for use on coastal properties.
- Skypod and Skypod Acute – product enhancements.
- Introduction of Eurologik flush sash.
- Other enhancements to existing products and complementary new product offerings.
EXPLORE POTENTIAL BOLT-ON ACQUISITIONSplus
Consider acquisition opportunities when they arise.
- Acquisition of Ecoplas in August, a PVC window recycling business.
- Acquisition of Kent Building Plastics in December, a distributor with 4 branches in the south-west.
- Integration of Ecoplas and Kent Building Plastics.
- Continue to develop acquisition pipeline and consider acquisition opportunities as they arise.